6 DIY Upcycled Gift Ideas For The Mother In Your Life
By Ashley Holtz
Hey there, it's almost Mother's Day, and you know what that means – time to come up with a fun and eco-friendly DIY gift! Instead of hitting up the store, why not get creative and use upcycled materials to make something unique and thoughtful? Here are some fun, simple, and playful DIY gift ideas to inspire you:
- Upcycled Jar Vase: Turn that old jam jar into a one-of-a-kind vase by painting it (or not!) and filling it with fresh flowers. It's an easy way to add a pop of color to your mom's decor while also giving new life to something that would otherwise be tossed in the trash.
- Upcycled Picture Frame: Who says a picture frame has to be boring? Get funky with your upcycling skills and turn an old frame into a cool photo display for your mom. Whether you paint it, add glitter, or decoupage it with fun patterns, she's sure to love the personal touch.
Upcycled Book Page Planter: Turn an old book into a unique planter for your mom's favorite succulents or herbs. Simply cut out a section of pages, and use an old bag or upcycled plastic packaging to hold the soil and plants.
- Upcycled Tin Can Planters: Got a bunch of tin cans lying around? Don't throw them away – turn them into cute planters for your mom's favorite herbs or succulents. Just add a little paint and some soil, and you've got a gift that keeps on giving (in more ways than one). You can even stack and glue tin cans of different sizes together to make a little herb garden!
- Upcycled Tea Cup/Jar Candle: If your mom loves tea or jam, she'll adore this upcycled candle. Just melt some wax, add a wick, and pour it into an old teacup or jam jar. It's a gift that's both charming and fragrant.
- Picnic Adventure with your Nutshell Cooler: Not feeling very DIY crafty this Mother’s Day? Take the mother in your life on a picnic adventure! Fill the cooler with some favorite snacks and enjoy some quality time together. Bonus points to pair this with any of the upcycled DIY gift ideas!
So there you have it – six fun and playful DIY gift ideas to make your mom feel extra special this Mother's Day. And the best part? You get to reduce your waste while you're at it, and share the joys of a circular economy with your family!
Have other ideas you want to share with the Nutshell community? Let us know in the comments!